Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Released: March 1, 2013

Summary:  Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.
Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt… with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…


My Review:

I have loved all of Miranda Kenneally's books and Things I Can't Forget may have just topped the list as my favorite.

What I loved: I loved this book more and more after I finished it and had time to think and digest everything. At times, Kate was a difficult character to like. She is not very accepting or understanding of other people's decisions and beliefs and she makes her thoughts and opinions known. Despite that, I found Kate to be real, flawed, and fascinating. Her struggles with her faith are honest and I think many people will be able to appreciate and understand that.

I also love the fact that Kenneally isn't afraid to write about a difficult and controversial topic and make both sides have a voice. That can't be easy to do and she was able to convey real feelings and emotions on every side.

Things I Can't Forget had a great cast of characters and I loved the friendship between Parker and Kate. Their two stories wound effortlessly together and Parker's voice was important for Kate to have nearby.

Final Verdict: Kenneally's books are great contemporary reads. Things I Can't Forget definitely packs the most emotional punch to it. If you are a fan of her other books, don't hesitate to pick this one up.

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment