Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: Temptation (A Temptation Novel)

Thanks to NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read TEMPTATION by Karen Ann Hopkins published by Harlequin TEEN.  The premise of this book seemed so appealing--Amish boy meets and falls in love with English (non-Amish) girl and they are not supposed to be together.  I really wanted to love this book but I just didn't.

I thought the idea of this story was a great one, I was really anxious to see how it would play out and if Rose and Noah would get their happy ever after.  I liked the alternating points of view between Rose and Noah, I think that added a depth to the story and we got to see how both characters felt throughout the book.  I also really liked Sam, Rose's older brother.  He played the part of the parent figure in Rose's life after their mother died and her father being absent most of the time because of his position at the hospital.  I also thought the author did a great job of showing the differences between the two cultures.

I had a hard time believing the "instant love" between Rose and Noah.  I get the whole attraction thing but I felt like they met and then were suddenly so in love that they couldn't think of anything or anyone but each other....and for being teenagers, that is pretty intense.  The length of this book also got me-I felt at times the story was so drawn out and then I reach the end of the book to find out the story doesn't end...there is another book.

I don't want to add any major spoilers but in order for Rose and Noah to be together one of them has to leave their "world" and fully join the others life.  I can't imagine a circumstance  where  a parent would allow their teenager to leave their life completely behind and join another's family for the sake of teenage love.  It just doesn't seem believable to me.

If you are a fan of romance, you may like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment