Sunday, June 17, 2012

Review: Capture the Flag

Thank you to YABC for sending this book for me to review!


I am a huge history buff. I love reading and learning about the history of our country, so any book that is set in Washington D.C. I am drawn to. This book is fantastic for many reasons but the main one is that I think it has an appeal to both boys and girls. There are characters and stories that will appeal to all readers.

I included a 5 rating on illustrations even though there are just a handful of them because they are well drawn and funny. Capture the Flag is a fun mystery with great historical information in it as well. The book ends with an indication that Anna, Jose, and Henry will be back to solve more mysteries and help protect our nation's historical artifacts. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Overall, Capture the Flag is exciting and flows so well. This is perfect for a summer read and as a teacher and a parent, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment