Thursday, January 24, 2013

Books I Wouldn't Have Picked for Myself

In a previous post, I told you all that because of the book club I am in, I am reading books that I wouldn't have normally picked or been drawn to.  It's out of my comfort zone and it's a good experience.  Thanks to my new book friends, here are a couple of books that I have read that I would have missed out on otherwise.


I give One True Thing 3 solid stars.  This book made me cry and deal with a topic that I don't normally care to read about...cancer.  Books on this topic generally make me uncomfortable and I struggle with my own emotions and feelings as I read.  I thought Anna Quindlen did a great job of making the reader have an emotional connection to the characters and the overall story.







The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  This book was released in 2008 and I would not have ever read it had it not been picked for our book club.  I loved how the story weaved through several generations.  I also loved how the majority of it took place in England.  This book was a little longer than many of the books I have recently read and it took a little bit for me to really get into the story but once  I did, I was hooked.  I think I will definitely visit more of Morton's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment