Monday, January 21, 2013

Back to Blogging

So it has been a while since I have posted anything other than some book reviews I had scheduled.  You could say that the last 5 months of 2012 were nothing short of stressful.  I did a lot of crying, soul-searching, and hiding.  I'm pleased to say that I kicked 2012 in the rear and am raring to go into 2013.  I'm excited about a big change that is on the way.  Nothing I can really share yet, but it's something that I know will be a great thing for me and my family.

I'm excited that I am finally part of a book club that actually meets to talk about books.  I LOVE my online community of book friends but there is something special about sitting down with people and talking about books over a cup of tea.  I also love being a part of this group because it is getting me to read books that I would not have otherwise picked up.  We've already read and discussed our first book, Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden.  I loved it and will definitely be reading more of her books.  Her writing is beautiful.  Our book for next month is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  I just picked it up today and I am really excited to start reading it.

I've also been reading a lot of Royal Biographies.  I'm really digging those.  My husband says that I was born in the wrong country...I should be British.  I just received the Official Biography of the Queen Mother in the mail and it is a whopping 943 pages, so I'm sure I'll be reading that for quite a while.

So my goal is to break out of my comfort zone and get more involved in the blogging community.  Please feel free to comment and/or  follow so I can get to know more of you as well.

Happy 2013 friends, it has hard to believe we are almost at the end of January!


No comments:

Post a Comment