Monday, August 20, 2012

Review: Over You

OVER YOU wasn't what I thought it would be. I was hoping it would be a funny, light-hearted story about a girl helping other girls get over being dumped. The last part of that sentence was true, but I didn't find the funny or the light-heartedness I was looking for.

The story jumped around to different characters a lot...even in the middle of chapters which I found very confusing. In fact, I sometimes had to go back and reread pages because I wasn't sure who I was supposed to be following. Because of that, I never really felt like I got to know any of the characters all that well. 

There were some good one-liners and if you can read between the lines I think you will see some good friendships there too. I wish I could have gotten to know the characters better and that they would have shown more depth. I didn't really hear the right voice with every character. At times I felt like Max was trying too hard to be grown-up and she didn't sound like a teen.

Overall, I liked the premise of the story. It just wasn't what I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment