Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baked Mac and Cheese

Here's one more recipe that is pretty standard in my house.  I remember having this as a child for holiday's at my grandma's.  A few years ago, my mom gave me the recipe and I love making it!  Make a salad and you've got quite the meal (bonus it's still good reheated)

Baked Mac and Cheese

Preheat oven to 350

You will need....

1 Box of Penne noodles
1 egg
1 small can of condensed milk
2 cups of chedder cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the noodles as directed.  In a baking dish alternate layers of noodles and cheese.  The top layer should be cheese.  In a small bowl, mix the condensed milk and egg together.  Pour over the top of the macaroni and cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is golden brown. 

The condensed milk adds a great taste of sweetness to the mac and cheese.  If you like cheese, don't be stingy--sometimes I add a little more than 2 cups depending on what we have at home.  (Cheese is one of my food groups, so I never skimp).

When you want to reheat, add a little milk to the dish and heat in the oven until it is warmed through.

BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER!







No comments:

Post a Comment