Monday, January 24, 2011

Books I've Read...Books I've Loved...

Over the last month or so, I've had a lot of time to catch up on reading, and while my "To Be Read" pile/box is still looming over me, I've found some great treasures.


First up...                                          The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

This is the second book in the series the first is The Dark Divine.  If you haven't read them...go get both of them now.  Really...GO!  The pacing, the voice, the characters...HELLO DANIEL...all make both of these fantastic reads.  I'd been waiting for months to read The Lost Saint and it did not disappoint.  Check it out!

Next up...                                        Paranormalcy by Kiersten White



I simply cannot rave enough about this book! I LOVED it.  If you are looking for a fun, captivating, paranormal read, you must get this one.  Evie is under the protection of the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agreement), her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, and her best friend is a mermaid.  If that doesn't have the makings of a great story, I don't know what does.

And finally for today...

                                                              Matched by Ally Condie

Let me just say this about Matched.  Not often do books move me to tears; TV shows, movies, commercials, songs, yes...I'll cry at anything but not usually books.  I cried like a fool in this one...like sobbing and sniffling...it wasn't pretty.  Thank you, Ally Condie, for Matched. I loved it.  The pacing catches you right from the beginning and you are immediately drawn into this society where EVERYTHING is decided for you: your job, your spouse, how many kids you will have, even down to what and how much you eat. I read this book cover to cover in less than a day.  If you like The Hunger Games, I think you should check this one out.

So there you have it...completely unofficial, random thoughts about a few great books I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment