Friday, January 14, 2011

2011...What's UP?!?!

So it’s 2011…important for a few reasons.  Number 1, I turn 30 in July.  I know, right? I don’t look a day over 25 or that’s what I tell people when they ask me how old I am.   I’m being silly, it’s not so much the number, it’s the changing of the decade thing that gets me.  I’m not going to be in my 20’s anymore….I’ll be in my 30’s.  Maybe I’ll just rock 25 for a few more years. J

In some ways being 30 makes me nervous and my stomach aches just thinking about it.  Although, a friend of a friend told me last summer that 30 isn’t so bad—think of all the stuff you’ve done up to this point…you’ve worked hard to get to where you are so who cares.  I don’t have to put up with the drama anymore, I’m past that.  That’s a nice feeling.  Maybe I need to adapt to her way of thinking a little more. Embrace it…yep, that’s what I’ll do…OR what I say I will do and then freak out a little on the inside.  That’s probably more like me.

Another reason why 2011 is important to me:  I did something the other day that could really be a big change for me, a good change, but a big one.  I’m keeping quiet now, because nothing is for sure.  I don’t know what will come from this; I’m hoping that it will be a great opportunity for me. So we’ll see.

So here’s what I’m looking forward to in 2011

  1. Prince William & Kate Middleton’s wedding….I’m a royal nerd…no pun intended….but I CAN’T WAIT!!!!
  2. Summer vacation
  3. Girls trip to Chicago to celebrate the big 30 for all of us
  4. Above mentioned possible change
  5. NKOTB/BSB concert coming to St. Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment