Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Review: Suddenly Royal

Title:  Suddenly Royal
Author: Nichole Chase

Released: November 2013

Summary:

Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working on a master's degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it's to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed . . . As crown prince of Lilaria, Alex D'Lynsal has had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures in the press have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She's stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone's front-page news. While Sam tries to navigate her new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders.

My Review:

Anyone that knows me and my reading tastes, knows that I LOVE books with this type of story line. I love a good "royal" themed novel. Suddenly Royal exceeded my expectations and ended up being a fun, endearing story.

What I liked: I really enjoyed Samantha's character. At first I wasn't sure I would be able to get behind her 100% but by the end I was rooting for her completely. Samantha goes through quite the emotional journey throughout this book and I think readers will appreciate her growth and self-discovery. I appreciated that this wasn't just a "random girl becomes a princess" story. There is a lot more to it. The relationships Samantha has are true and honest and we see more than just a fancy house and a title.

Of course, I couldn't talk about what I liked without mentioning Crown Prince Alex. I think he is what you picture when you think of a prince. Dare I say, he is a good mix of both Prince William and Prince Harry. I love the chemistry between Samantha and Alex. They have some great moments between the two of them.

What left me wanting more: Nothing. This book was the perfect blend of royalty and romance.

Final Verdict: This is a charming book. I definitely recommend it. However, there are some *steamy* moments. Definitely not for the younger readers.



Thanks YABC for the chance to read and review this!

No comments:

Post a Comment